From the Noble's pen

Sunday, 11 October 2015

A DIAMOND THAT GROWS



This diamond that grows so
Fast and bright with eyes aglow
Of man indeed a great treasure
To be looked upon with true pleasure
Alas! this Diamond grows unlike any
Nay, I can exchange it not for a million penny
With a smile so radiant it leaves the sun jealous,
The moon envious and stars but hideous
With a selfish desire my weak soul

Seek to see you times and again in shawl
And wrappings that declare you precious
Priceless and gift from the most Gracious
It's no dear wish of mine not to desire you
To grow, learn and explore the world too
Pray indulge my gentle soul a quite wish
Of your growth in abeyance, oh! that I'm selfish
A look at this Diamond excites but sheer joy
Among other emotions and she's but coy
With no ultimate power to wholly protect her
I pray to the Almighty to bless, guide and guard her.
Dedicated to Nabeelatu Jaabirah (my Diamond that grows)

©NobleHeart

No comments:

Post a Comment