Through the fields with legs Barely touching the ground I ran
With hands flailing high and wide in the ocean I swam
And in the sky with wings flapping fast and swift I flew
From the darkness of my soul in a narrow escape
Where am I I asked myself in awe and filled with fear
In an unknown land where I alone stand in horror and disdain
Amidst Zulus speaking Bantu with looks weird and in their hands spears
Alas it was just a dream oh what a narrow escape
The abyss of darkness that brings the night is not a friend
Nay how can it be when with it comes the transport into oblivion
If only with it comes the promise of trip to the heavens beyond
Then I won't have to run or seek for a narrow escape.
Composed by Mar'yam Thawbaan (NobleHeart)
No comments:
Post a Comment